Free Consultations
Toll free 800-584-0812

Slow Down and Get Speedie Get Speedie Legal Help and get back on the road!

Exterior of the Office Building of Tom Speedie | Attorney at Law, P.C.

What do I need to do before my hearing?

You will need to get an evaluation. The evaluation, or an update of it, will have to be dated within six months of your hearing. You may also have to get treatment, which is based in the information in your evaluation. If you are not an alcoholic or drug addict, you will have to complete a 10 hour Driver Risk Education course. If you are an alcoholic or drug addict, you will have to provide documentation that you abstinent from alcohol and drugs, and been involved in a support group (which may be formal “12 step,” or informal church or “friends and family” based) for at least 12 months. The hearing officer can reduce the abstinence and support group requirements to as little as six months, but that is their decision.