Free Consultations
Toll free 800-584-0812

Slow Down and Get Speedie Get Speedie Legal Help and get back on the road!

Exterior of the Office Building of Tom Speedie | Attorney at Law, P.C.

Do I have to get a restricted driver’s Permit, or can I just go back to getting my full license?

If you have only one DUI arrest, are eligible for full reinstatement, and you win at your first informal hearing, there is a good chance that you can go straight to getting your license back.

If you are eligible for full reinstatement, and have been arrested more than once for DUI or have been denied at an informal hearing, the Secretary of State will usually want to give you a restricted driving permit first as a probationary measure. There are some situations, though, where you can skip having a restricted driving permit, and go back to full driving privileges. An experienced lawyer will know and recognize those situations.